Monday, October 21, 2013

My Least Favorite Sewing Chore . . .

. . . is oiling my mother's old black Singer.


I don't like the smell of oil or the mess when the oil drips from the bottle (no matter how careful I am).  I'm always afraid I'll miss some and get oil on whatever I'm sewing.


I have the original manual with oiling instructions.  The illustrations are excellently rendered drawings but some of the little arrows that point to the spots to oil just don't seem too clear.

Still, it has to be done and I'm grateful to have the machine and that it's in good working order.  So I oil.

And when I'm finished, my mother's old black Singer just purrs.

How about you?  Do you enjoy oiling your machine?  What's your least favorite sewing chore?

--Nancy.
.

1 comment:

  1. I just oil anything that moves on my old machines. I've started sewing a paper towel for the first couple of times after I oil to catch the extra oil, I think I have a tendency to over oil! LOL I hate cleaning the lint out and having to unscrew everything to get to the parts that need to be cleaned.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...